Monday, February 8, 2010

Vanishing Jobs

Unemployment is probably the largest issue today regarding labor. Our economy has been suffering recently and this increased the unemployment rates that the country has not seen in a long time. Our unemployment as of January 2010 was 9.7% in the U.S., however in 2007 it was as low as 4.7%. This means that in three years, the amount of unemployed people in the U.S. has over doubled. In order for the economy to turn around, then unemployment rate needs to go back down to what it was before the recession. In previous posts I have talked about how labor is directly related to the economy, if one fails so does the other. Businesses are not able to pay their employees if their products aren't selling and people cant buy the products if they do not have jobs to get money. I currently have a job which means that I am not a part of the unemployment rate percent. I did not search very hard for my job though, I got hired to the first place I applied to. I think that this shows that there are still many jobs out there. Because there are job available



Katel, Peter. "Vanishing Jobs." CQ Researcher 19.10 (2009): 225-248. CQ Researcher. Web. 8 Feb. 2010. .

No comments:

Post a Comment